Friday, March 26, 2010

He paid the debt

This old song came to mind the other day and I didn't know there were so many different versions of the chorus, so I decided to look them up. Take a look at the different ones I found; they are all great and really explain what every saved Christian's story is.

CHORUS 1:
He paid a debt He did not owe,
I owed a debt I could not pay,
I needed someone to wash my sins away
And now I sing a brand new song; amazing grace
For Jesus paid the debt that I could never pay.

CHORUS 2:
He paid a debt on calvary
He cleansed my soul and set me free
I thought that no one could all my sins erase.
But now I sing a brand new song; amazing grace
Christ Jesus paid the debt that I could never pay.

CHORUS 3:
One day He's coming back for me
to live with Him eternally
to see Him on that day
I then will sing a brand new song; amazing grace
Christ Jesus paid the debt that I could never pay.

CHORUS 4:
Oh such great pain my Lord endured
when He my sinful soul secured.
I should have died there but Jesus took my place.
So now I sing a brand new song; amazing grace
Christ Jesus paid the debt that I could never pay.

CHORUS 5:
He didn't give to me alone
He gave himself, now He's my lord
He's gone to heaven to make for me a place.
And then I'll sing a brand new song; amazing grace.
Christ Jesus paid the debt that I could never pay.

There's just something about these old hymns that are so powerful and different from most of the contemporary music we have today. It's like more emotion and meaning were put into the words because the writer had gone through or was in the middle of experiencing what they were writing about. Jesus surely paid the ultimate debt that no one else could pay. But He didn't just pay a small part of the price, like a loan, but He paid the debt in FULL so that everyone who willfully submits themselves before God can be saved from ALL sin. I once was lost, but now am found...that's why I can sing Amazing Grace!

God Bless you today,

Nick

1 comment:

  1. "I never shall forget the day when all the burdens of my soul were rolled away! He makes me happy, glad, and free! I'm shoutin' for He's EVERYTHING to me!"

    ReplyDelete